With price tag of $1068.98, the Body Solid G1S is one of the smaller home gym models in their G Series. Despite its small footprint, users are able to perform a surprising number of exercises for the whole body. The 160 lbs. stacked weights is the ideal weight for those looking to tone and condition. Unfortunately, there are no options available to increase the weights so if you’re looking for muscle development, you may want to look into the the other models.
Some of the attractive features this gym offers include:
- Chest Press Station: This station allows the user to target the chest along with the triceps. The multi-position grips helps target different areas of the chest. Adjustable seating provides users of different height to perform exercises comfortably.
- Lat Pulldown / High PulleyStation: This station allows the user to target the lats, triceps, and back effectively.
- Ab Crunch / Mid Pulley Station: Get creative with this station and target your abs, back, arms, and chest. A very useful and creative part of this gym.
- Leg Extension / Leg Curl Station: Exercise your hamstrings and quads comfortably.
- Seated Row / Low Pulley Station: The low pulley station is perfect for a variety of exercises. Just get creative here and you’ll be able to target areas such as arms, chest, legs, back, shoulders, and much more.
- Lat bar
- Straight bar
- Ankle strap
- Ab / triceps strap
- Total Body Workout™ DVD
- Water bottle and towel holder
Durability: Like all other Body-solid gyms, durability and strength are evident in its design. Every part of the gym including the seat, frame, cables, and pulley are built to last.
Compact Design: The G1S is one of the smaller models in their home gym series. With dimensions of 36″ X 49″ X 83″, you’ll be able to fit this in virtually any home including an apartment, garage, or even an office if you so choose.
Warranty: Body-solid offers one of the best warranties in the industry. They provide a lifetime warranty that covers EVERYTHING for the life of the equipment as long as you’re the original owner and the equipment is used indoors.
Design: When seated, the chest press arm is slightly in the way of the lat bar. There should have been a pull and release option to move the bar out of the way.
Assembly: Assembly is not the easiest. Then again most home gyms aren’t.
The G1S is easy to use and with all of the accessories, workout DVD, and 5 stations, this home gym gives the user plenty of options to get a full body workout in a small amount of space. There is no need to switch attachments.
As with all Body-solid equipment, you can be confident in knowing that the name brings reliability for the life. And if anything should happen, it falls under warranty for the life of the equipment.